Sandia Motorcycle Roadracing, Inc.

Executive Committee Meeting Notes

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 
  • 17 Jun 2016 12:41 PM
    Reply # 4081781 on 3686556

    Thanks for the updates and thanks to all the club officials for your efforts in continuously improving the program for all of us.  Can't wait for next weekend.

  • 23 Jul 2016 8:45 AM
    Reply # 4152245 on 3686556
    Scott Cloninger (Administrator)

    July Executive Committee and General Membership Meetings:

    This month's meetings were short and sweet.  At the Executive Committee meeting on July 16th we discussed:

    Money....the club is doing well financially.  This year if we consider ONLY operational earnings every event except one (the June race day) made money.  If you we consider operational earnings AND sponsorships broken down on a per-event basis we've made money at every event.  In fact, we're far enough ahead that we're considering what to do with surplus to avoid paying taxes on it.  The most obvious place is air fence, as we have several sections that are degrading badly and should be substantially repaired or replaced.  Cost of a new section is $1600 per, so we don't want to buy many, but it's a possibility.  Most of the degradation is from exposure to sunlight during storage, so we're also looking at storage options to shield the air fence from the sun on the 352 days a year when it's not in use.

    All was set for the July 17th race, so no drama there.

    Cassandra and Katrina are officially the "Banquet Committee" for the 2016 awards banquet, so those preparations are already underway.  Rylee Hahn put together a package of banquet room reservations and a room block at the Courtyard by Mariott near Paseo and I-25, so get ready for a party on November 5th.  We'll be having Barbeque and the cost will be $40 per person.

    The only other topic of discussion was the whichcall system which we used to some effect at the July round.  During races for the remainder of the year riders can visit www.whichcall.com and click on SMRI along the top of the page to see our track day and race calls during the day.  This has been effected to address concerns that calls are sometimes hard to hear, so it's just another way to see what's going on at Sandia.  There is no cost associated with whichcall.  Verbal calls will continue as previously was the case.  Thanks to Mike Carr for use of his system!!!

    At the general membership meeting topics of discussion were few as the only people present were me (Scott), Katrina, new racer Josh Hill and his wife Leah (hope I spelled that right).  We basically ate milkshakes and talked about racing.

  • 08 Nov 2017 1:30 PM
    Reply # 5577572 on 3686556
    Scott Cloninger (Administrator)

    It has been a while, as most of our meetings have been pretty boring and mundane, but the last meeting of the year was not so I thought I'd drop some notes for the membership at large.

    We met the Monday before the banquet, October 30, at Kings of Speed World Headquarters (a.k.a. Steve Brown's garage) and had a little pizza and beer while chatting about the club and our plans for 2018.  Several things were decided.

    First was the matter of configuration.  After polling most of the club's members, we have found that many of our club do not like the alternate configuration, but many do.  However, most simply have little preference.  From that standpoint we are justified running both configuration.  Further polling found that nobody could (or would) enumerate a specific "safety hazard" with the alternate configuration outside of pavement irregularities, so we have decided to run the alternate configuration for 2018.  We came up with a schedule and it WILL NOT BE ALTERED unless an act of nature or some other disaster demands it.

    Second, we discussed schedule.  We talked about when to start, when to finish, double headers, track days, and considerations like holidays or MotoGP Austin.  The schedule we've come up with is pretty simple.  We will host seven race days as we did this year, with five track days.  The track days will be on Saturdays preceding race days, and the July event will be a racing double header with racing on both Saturday and Sunday.

    Each event will be hosted on the third weekend of the month.

    THERE WILL BE NO STAND ALONE SUNDAY TRACK DAYS IN 2018.  We've hosted Sunday track days as long as I've been part of the club, but for the last several years (at least four) we've lost money on nearly every stand alone track day we've hosted.  We cannot afford to bleed money to host Sunday track days.

    May, July, August, and October events will be in the "standard configuration.

    June and September events will be in the "alternate configuration".  Again, WE WILL NOT CHANGE THESE CONFIGURATION ARRANGEMENTS.  Don't bother asking, because it's simply NOT going to happen.

    Ed and Nicole will be staying on in the capacity of Safety Officers assuming they want to continue. 

    We will search for a more permanent Timing and Scoring solution over the winter.

    We will consider rewriting the Secretary's role over the winter.   

  • 24 Dec 2020 10:59 AM
    Reply # 9450425 on 3686556
    Kimberly Prichard (Administrator)

    The elections are over, the first meeting for the new year and the change over in the Board Members has been held.  Just so everyone is aware of what the club is trying to do for the everyone here are the meeting minutes.  I'll try to keep this up to date going forward.

    New board for 2021:


    Scott Cloninger

    Board


    Justin D’Aloia

    Chief Crnr. Marshall


    Steve Brown

    Board


    Rob Burnside

    Tech


    Dennis Parrish

    Board


    Chris Franco

    Timing/ Scoring


    Ken Kilness

    President


    Xen Stanhope

    Treasurer


    Kimberly Prichard

    Vice President


    Kevin Gibson

    New Rider Dir.


    Cassandra Robertson

    Secretary

    Glenn Lucero

    Marketing


    • 1.     

    Financial Update:

    • ·        $1500 balance (understood as including outstanding checks). Able to operate through Jan
    • ·        Ensure we can cover monthly operating costs.   
    • ·        Board has decided to more closely monitor Treasurer position and it will be an appointed position going forward.   Xen Stanhope has offered to assist the club with this position.  
    • 2.     

    Marketing Update:

    • ·        Can hit ground running, waiting for contract with Charlie.
    • ·        Brian, Dennis, Steve all agreed to be invoiced for sponsorship if finances are needed.
    • ·        Steve Brown meeting with CJ Rodden (LawTigers) Friday 12/18/2020. Will update.
    • ·        Team refer any vendor relationships, bike lovers with businesses to Glenn
    • ·        Glenn to follow up with possible sponsors
    • 3.     

    Bylaws:

    • ·        Follow up - By laws to be rewritten before treasurer can be appointed.  Board will be responsible for monitoring the Treasurer position going forward.
    • 4.     

    Track Marshall Plan:

    • ·        Team needs to be actively recruiting corner workers.   Currently have 2 commitments for corner workers
    • ·        Permanent replacement for Justin for 2022
    • ·        Follow up - any leads for workers given to Justin
    • ·        Need a sign up for Saturdays to cover Justin
    • ·        Cannot safely run alternate config until air fence is repaired/new bought.
    • ·        Crn Marshal Stand needs TLC, shade needs to be added.
    • 5.     

    Tire Program:

    • ·        Speedin Motorsports will help with Tires
    • o   inform membership of tire program, on order basis
    • o   Brian to be available for most events to offer support.
    • o   Will operate each weekend with equipment in shed. Just bring tires (Michelin & Dunlop) and wheel weights.
    • o   Will help with tire mounting for charge.
    • ·        Members will still have to mount their own tires if they can or don’t want to pay the fee.
    • 6.     

    New Rider Recruitment:

    • ·        Brian to get information regarding insurance, tandem event policies to team
    • ·        Follow up - how can we bring new generation to track.
    • ·        Looking at allowing younger riders <13 years old.
    • 7.     

    2021 North/South Challenge Cup:

    • ·        Ken to speak with Roger about this for 2021
    • 8.     

    2021 Schedule:

    • ·        Charlie has verbally agreed to the schedule. 
    • ·        Need to get the contract finalized.
    • ·        Scott: Contract with Charlie if able. Schedule and rates
    • ·        3rd weekend of each month from May to Oct.
    • 9.     

    TECH Plan (Air Fence & Trailer Status):

    • ·        The club purchasing a trailer to stay at the track for crash.
    • ·        Glenn opened discussion for line of credit for new air fence.
    • ·        Follow up - inform team of date for repairs, repair stand as well?
    • ·        Kevin will find a welder to fix trailer
    • ·        Trailer may need new tires too.
    • ·        Rob is working on getting familiar with the Rule Book for the upcoming year.
    • ·        Can be used as sponsorship/advertisement.
    • o   Use Velcro to attach logos to skins.
    • ·        Need air fence fund.
    • 10.  

    Town Hall:

    • ·        Zoom meetings with membership. Introduce new board members, answer questions.
    • ·        Dates:   3 dates chosen - Jan 7,8,10, 2021 at 630 p.m. to open conversations with membership
    • ·        Follow up Town Hall Meeting to be scheduled to answer questions we aren’t able to answer at the original town hall.  Also to update membership with developments for the upcoming season.
    • 11.  

    Slack:

    • ·        Chris: Proposes using slack to communicate with team.
    • ·        Chris set up the team. App is active and conversation started as of 12/18/2020
    • 12.  

    FaceBook:

    • ·        Brian has been given admin access by Scott, he will be the facebook person.
    • ·        Steve to give us throwback Thursday content,
    • ·        Glenn has videos to be shared.                                               
    • ·                                                                                                                               
    • 13.  

    Misc:

    • ·        Website
    • o   Scott moved to Key admin, Steve removed as Admin so Kim has access. Cassandra profile set and admin, Chris already has access. 
    • o   Kim and Xen will work on updating and cleanup of the website.
    • ·        Position Handoffs:
    • o   Steve Brown to get equipment and keys from Brittany.
    • o   Brittany states secretary gmail will give info to Cass/Scott
    • ·        Novice Hours:
    • o   This will be enforced again going forward. Kevin will track hours.
    • ·        Misc :
    • o   There are some historical accounts that need to be closed out from the past like paypal and an email accounts.  Kim will see about getting those closed.  
    • o   Chris will set up a Zoom account for SMRI to use for meetings.                                                                                                           


  • 23 Jan 2021 8:59 AM
    Reply # 9968791 on 3686556

    Is there a track evaluation Sunday 1/24? 

  • 29 Jan 2021 1:18 PM
    Reply # 10046933 on 3686556
    Kimberly Prichard (Administrator)

    Since you were there.  I guess you got your answer.  :-D

    Overall, we were all pleased with the state of the track conditions.  Charlie has started to repair of the cracks on the track and at pit out.  It was the best I have seen the track look in awhile.  There is still a fair amount of work to be done.  We'll be posting up the clean up date once we get closer to April and can confirm the date with Charlie.

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 

Copyright 2021 Sandia Motorcycle Roadracing, Inc..
"SMRI" is a New Mexico corporation. PO Box 11806, Albuquerque, NM  87192

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software