Sandia Motorcycle Roadracing, Inc.
What is needed to begin road racing??
1. A bike - One of our goals is if you bring any kind of bike to the track, we have a class for you to race in.
2. A race license - We honor other clubs license. If you do not have a race license, you will need to take our race school ($250) to obtain yours. The price of the race school includes entry into our Super Street Class, a 2 Heat race that feels like two separate races!
3. AMA Membership - Since we are AMA sanctioned, all riders must be AMA members. You can sign up online for $49/yr or we can sign you up at the track for an additional $6. Go to http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/membership/jointo sign up.
4. SMRI Membership or Single Day License - SMRI Membership is $125/yr. Single Day License is $40
5. Race Entry Fees - For the first race of the day and the open endurance race the cost is $150, and for $175 you can race as many races as you can fit into a day!!!
For less than $350.00, you can get your race license, race in two races (Super Street is a 2 heat race) and become an AMA member.
See Rule Book to learn all about what you have to do to compete in SMRI Road Racing Events and to become a motorcycle roadrunner.
See Roadrace Event Schedule to see when you'll need to be at the track, when you'll be able to visit Registration and Technical Inspection, when we'll hold the MANDATORY Riders' Meeting, and when you'll be racing!
See Racer Licensing School to learn more about the process for first time racers to get their SMRI Racing License by attending the SMRI Race License School.
See Class Sponsors to learn which businesses support SMRI road racing and how you can support them.
If you are interested in going racing with us contact:
New Rider Director: Kenneth Kilness <firstname.lastname@example.org